Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Routing Error

I can't win. I just can't fucking win.

When he was complaining about lack of DVR and decent internet at his mom's house, and I told him he wasn't there to watch TV and surf the web all day, he was fine with that. He was even glad I said it.

I'm meeting him for lunch in a little while, and he texted me to ask that I bring the wireless router. I texted back "this concerns me. Please promise me that this will not slow down the process. I'm scared that you're just going to lay in bed all day."

Now suddenly, he's all pissed, thinking I'm trying to control what he does with his time, dragging out his classic line "I'm not going to promise you anything - you either trust me or you don't." God, I hate that line, it's such a fucking cop-out. I started crying and he said "oh this is going to be fun. Look, are you sure you want to do this?" I said of course I did, did he? "Not if you're going to be a big blubbery mess in public."

He's the one who wanted to do it in public in the first place. He was afraid that if he came home, he wouldn't be able to conjure up the will to leave. I just want to see my husband. Apparently, his desire to see me comes with conditions.

We have a line around here co-signing each others' bullshit, essentially, not allowing the other to get away with dumb stuff. Why do I have a feeling that in order for my husband to get better, I'm going to have to co-sign some bullshit for a while?

No comments: