Friday, March 19, 2010

Little surprises

We spoke last night, and he said that a little birdie told him I wouldn't be working today, and that he'd love to have lunch with me after his doctor appointment today. It was actually yesterday that I was off, and he sounded disappointed. I started having anxiety issues, knowing he'd be in town and I wouldn't be able to see him. So I called in and surprised him - I went to his doctor's office and was sitting in his car waiting for him when he got out. We had a nice time together, a nice lunch, some car snuggle time, and - get this - no tears when we parted ways. He said he's feeling a little better, and it was so nice to see him a little more content than he was last time we got together, and it was so nice to be able to spend some time together, knowing that this whole thing is almost over (he's thinking it might just be another week or so). It gives us both just the right amount of time - I have some projects left to do at home, and he has some projects left to do at his mom's house (she's been putting him to work, LOL).

I'm more optimistic than I've been in a while, and it feels so good.

Michael Buble really spoke to me today:

Life can show no mercy
It can tear your soul apart
It can make you feel like you've gone crazy but you're not
Things have seemed to change
There's one thing that's still the same
In my heart you have remained
And we can fly fly fly away

'Cause you are not alone
And I am there with you
And we'll get lost together
Until the light comes pouring through
It's when you feel like you're done
And the darkness has won
Babe, you're not lost
And the world's crashing down
And you can not bear the cross
I said, baby, you're not lost

No comments: